DataList output is producing a blank table?

Todd

I am somewhat new to ASP.NET and I am probably overlooking some basic
rule that's causing my error. Anyways, here's the scoop: I am using
a DataReader to access a SQL stored procedure. I want the result set
from the DataReader to be dumped into a DataList and displayed on the
page. I already know that my data, the stored procedure, and the
database connectivity all work correctly because I have outputted all
this data to a dataGrid control. Now I am trying to output to a
DataList control, and all I get is a blank browser screen. I don't
get any errors. And if I use my mouse to try and "highlight" the
blank browser, I can see that there are some empty rows in a table
structure. Looking at the source code in the browser, I see a table
with 6 empty rows. This would make sense because my query should
produce 6 records to be output. The HTML code is below, I just used
the drag-and-drop editor to insert this DataList control:

<asp:DataList id="dl" runat="server"></asp:DataList>

The code-behind page with the necessary code is here (dl is the
datalist control, dr is the datareader control, cn is the connection):

'the connection string has already been set and is open
Dim cmd4 As New System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand("spToddsRateTest",
cn)
cmd4.CommandType = CommandType.StoredProcedure
dr = cmd4.ExecuteReader
dl.DataSource = dr
dl.DataBind()
dr.Close()
cn.Close()

Any thoughts as to why this is producing a blank screen with no
errors? The visible property is set to true.

[...]

Does anyone have a clue why I am not getting the data to output in my DataList?

Sonali.NET[MVP]

You'll need to use ItemTemplate Tag
<asp:DataList id="dl" runat="server">
<itemTemplate>
<%#DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem, "FieldName")%>
</itemTemplate>
</asp:DataList>

HTH
Regards