DataList RepeatLayout=Flow

Marcos MOS

Hi,

I have a page (.aspx) with a DataList.
Into it there is a DataGrid... (master/detail).

I wanna my DataList repeat 2 columns in RepeatLayout = Flow format. But when
I put RepeatColumns=2 and RepeatLayout=Flow it doesn't work.

I mean, it displays only in one column.

I think there is something related with my DataGrid, because it's populated
dynamically in ItemDataBound event of DataList...

any ideas?

thanks
Marcos

Scott Mitchell [MVP]

I have a page (.aspx) with a DataList.
Into it there is a DataGrid... (master/detail).

I wanna my DataList repeat 2 columns in RepeatLayout = Flow format. But when
I put RepeatColumns=2 and RepeatLayout=Flow it doesn't work.

I mean, it displays only in one column.

I think there is something related with my DataGrid, because it's populated
dynamically in ItemDataBound event of DataList...

Do a view/source on your page. You'll see that the RepeatLayout = flow
renders the DataList in <span> tags, NOT in an HTML <table>. Leave
RepeatLayout as the default Table value, and it should work for you...

--

Scott Mitchell
(e-mail address removed)

Marcos MOS

So, I have already put RepeatLayout as Table, but it doesn't fit to me
because I wanna each DataGrid below each other in a row, however the Table
Layout creates spaces between them, because it creates rows... Then the
result is a mess...

thanks
Marcos