Date format

leo

Hello Guys

Im having a problem in viewing date, does ASP have a function to format a
date like this one (ex.12-Dec-05) aside from VBgeneralDate, VBlongDate and
VBshortDate. In MS Access its called (Medium Date) but when I use
VBmediumDate there is no effect at all.

btw im using MS Frontpage and MS Access as my database.

thanks...
Leo

Kyle Peterson

you can also use the .. month, day, year functions and build your own date
however you want it..
or take it one step farther by making a custom function

Bob Barrows [MVP]

leo said:
Hello Guys

Im having a problem in viewing date, does ASP have a function to
format a date like this one (ex.12-Dec-05) aside from VBgeneralDate,
VBlongDate and VBshortDate. In MS Access its called (Medium Date) but
when I use VBmediumDate there is no effect at all.

btw im using MS Frontpage and MS Access as my database.

And here's the ASPFAQ article on this topic:
http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2313

Dave Anderson

leo said:
Im having a problem in viewing date, does ASP have a function to
format a date like this one (ex.12-Dec-05) aside from VBgeneralDate,
VBlongDate and VBshortDate. In MS Access its called (Medium Date) but
when I use VBmediumDate there is no effect at all.

ASP has no notion of dates, much less a means to format them.

Each of the languages available to the ASP parser has its own way of
handling dates. You can consult the language references for details. Here
are the MS references for VBScript and JScript:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/script56/html/29f83a2c-48c5-49e2-9ae0-7371d2cda2ff.asp
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/script56/html/ddfa5183-d458-41bc-a489-070296ced968.asp

--
Dave Anderson