Date Formats

Roedy Green

I have written a rant on why you should not let Java localise
date/time formats for you. Instead you should use ISO-8601.

See http://mindprod.com/jgloss/calendar.html#ISO

--
Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
http://mindprod.com

Arne Vajhøj

I have written a rant on why you should not let Java localise
date/time formats for you. Instead you should use ISO-8601.

See http://mindprod.com/jgloss/calendar.html#ISO

May I suggest that you create http://mindprod.com/jgloss/usability.html
where you explain that "programmers designing UI's according to
programming logic and end users just having to learn to do it the
right computer way instead of the way the have usually done it"
went out of fashion many many years ago.

Arne