    Appreciate any pointers to this.

    Thanks,
    jt
    jt, Aug 25, 2004

  2. Since both Texas and Florida observe the same daylight savings time, you can
    just always add an hour using DATEADD.

    --
    http://www.aspfaq.com/
    (Reverse address to reply.)

    "jt" <> wrote in message
    > Having a problem on trying to solve how to have the date and time

    displayed
    > correctly and entered into my ms access database.
    >
    > I subscribe my web page being hosted remotely in Texas(CDT). I am logging

    in
    > here in Florida. Since there is a time difference and the date/time is
    > showing Texas(CDT) time rather than Florida time.
    >
    > How can I make my asp code to recongzine Florida date/time? I guess I

    could

    Aaron [SQL Server MVP], Aug 25, 2004

  3. jt

    Evertjan. Guest

    Aaron [SQL Server MVP] wrote on 25 aug 2004 in

    > Since both Texas and Florida observe the same daylight savings time,
    > you can just always add an hour using DATEADD.

    I heard that, unlike in Europe, the New World dst switch time is on it's
    own local 02:00, so that this DATEADD will have the wrong time for 2 hours
    a year.

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.
    Evertjan., Aug 25, 2004
  4. > I heard that, unlike in Europe, the New World dst switch time is on it's
    > own local 02:00, so that this DATEADD will have the wrong time for 2 hours
    > a year.

    They're one hour apart, so they will only be off for one hour of real time.

    Anyway, you can deal with this using a calendar table, if it's really that
    important. Since we know in advance when DST changeovers will take place...

    See http://www.aspfaq.com/2218 for the basic idea...
    Aaron [SQL Server MVP], Aug 25, 2004
  5. jt

    Evertjan. Guest

    Aaron [SQL Server MVP] wrote on 25 aug 2004 in

    >> I heard that, unlike in Europe, the New World dst switch time is on
    >> it's own local 02:00, so that this DATEADD will have the wrong time
    >> for 2 hours a year.

    > They're one hour apart, so they will only be off for one hour of real
    > time.

    1 hour twice a year is 2 hours a year, not?

    ;-)

    Even so I like the European way,
    changing over all three timezones at the same moment,
    while understanding that it is unpractical for the many American zones.

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.
    Evertjan., Aug 25, 2004