dBase VFP OleDb or ODBC Drivers

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by JeffP@Laptop, Jan 25, 2006.

  1. JeffP@Laptop

    JeffP@Laptop Guest

    Error at Open() - Driver does not support this function

    I've tried the OLEdb driver with similar failure, different error but
    basically I cannot Open using the Foxpro driver(s)

    Any clues?

    ..... snipit

    Dim sDB As String = "c:\Apps\R2M\Data"
    Dim sConn As String = "Driver={Microsoft Visual Foxpro
    Driver};SourceType=DBC;SourceDB=" & sDB & ";"
    Dim Cnn As New OdbcConnection(sConn)

    'Driver does not support this function...
    Cnn.Open()

    Dim sCmd As String = "set Exclusive on;select * from items;pack"
    Dim dbCmd As New OdbcCommand(sCmd, Cnn)
    dbCmd.ExecuteNonQuery()

    TIA

    JeffP.....
    FYI this works and inserts the data into the items.dbf datafile.
    ..... snipit
    Dim sDB As String = "c:\Apps\R2M\Data"
    Dim sConn As String = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data
    Source=" & sDB & ";Extended Properties=dBASE 5;"
    Dim cnn As New OleDbConnection(sConn)
    Dim sCmd As String = "insert into items values(1001 ,'Tower Spat'
    ,'061001' ,13.64 ,26.99)"
    Dim da As New OleDbDataAdapter(sCmd, cnn)
    Dim ds As New DataSet
    da.Fill(ds)
    JeffP@Laptop, Jan 25, 2006