DBD DB2

Joydeep Chakrabarty

Hello all,

I am trying to install DBD for DB2. I have downloaded both
DBD-DB2-1.74.tar.gz and DBD-DB2-1.80a.tar.gz as well as DBD-DB2.ppd. I
am using Windows 7 64-bit with Active Perl 5.12.3.
When I try to do nmake on DBD-DB2 it gives me error
"c:\perl64\lib\core\win32.h(61) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open
include file: 'windows.h': No such file or directory
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual
Studio 9.0\VC\bin\cl.EXE"' : return code '0x2'
Stop.
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'C:\PROGRA~2\MICROS~2.0\VC\bin\nmake.exe' :
return code '0x2'
Stop."

When I try to ppm install DBD-DB2.ppd, it gives me error "ppm install
failed: The PPD does not provide code to install for this platform".
What am I doing wrong here? Please help.

Thanks,
Joydeep

John Bokma

Joydeep Chakrabarty said:
Hello all,

I am trying to install DBD for DB2. I have downloaded both
DBD-DB2-1.74.tar.gz and DBD-DB2-1.80a.tar.gz as well as DBD-DB2.ppd. I
am using Windows 7 64-bit with Active Perl 5.12.3.
When I try to do nmake on DBD-DB2 it gives me error
"c:\perl64\lib\core\win32.h(61) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open
include file: 'windows.h': No such file or directory
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual
Studio 9.0\VC\bin\cl.EXE"' : return code '0x2'
Stop.
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'C:\PROGRA~2\MICROS~2.0\VC\bin\nmake.exe' :
return code '0x2'
Stop."

When I try to ppm install DBD-DB2.ppd, it gives me error "ppm install
failed: The PPD does not provide code to install for this platform".
What am I doing wrong here? Please help.

It looks like you need a C compiler + header files to make this
module.

Have you added the alternative repositories to ppm? The ones at
ActiveState have a limited set of modules.

Joydeep Chakrabarty

John Bokma wrote on 4/23/2011 :
It looks like you need a C compiler + header files to make this
module.

Have you added the alternative repositories to ppm? The ones at
ActiveState have a limited set of modules.

I am using Visual C++ 2008 Express edition. What are the other
repositories?

John Bokma

Joydeep Chakrabarty said:
John Bokma wrote on 4/23/2011 :

I am using Visual C++ 2008 Express edition. What are the other
repositories?

I would first check if DBD::DB2 is in one of the other repositories you
can enable in ppm. See the documentation of ppm. Or if you use the GUI
version: Click on the gray cog icon (right most icon) and the PPM Preferences
window is opened.

See also the ppm documentation, which in a default install can be
reached via the documentation installed at:

file:///C:/Perl/html/index.html

Joydeep Chakrabarty

John Bokma laid this down on his screen :
I would first check if DBD::DB2 is in one of the other repositories you
can enable in ppm. See the documentation of ppm. Or if you use the GUI
version: Click on the gray cog icon (right most icon) and the PPM Preferences
window is opened.

See also the ppm documentation, which in a default install can be
reached via the documentation installed at:

file:///C:/Perl/html/index.html

While trying to install it through CPAN, I got this error

cpan> install DBD::DB2
Running install for module 'DBD::DB2'
Running make for I/IB/IBMTORDB2/DBD-DB2-1.80a.tar.gz
Fetching with LWP:
http://ppm.activestate.com/CPAN/authors/id/I/IB/IBMTORDB2/DBD-DB2-1.80a.tar.gz
Error reading 'C:\Perl64\cpan\FTPstats.yml': Alert: While trying to
'parse' YAML file
'C:\Perl64\cpan\FTPstats.yml'
with 'YAML::XS' the following error was encountered:
Usage: YAML::XS::LibYAML::Load(yaml_sv) at C:\Perl64\lib/YAML/XS.pm
line 48.

Stashing away as 'C:\Perl64\cpan\FTPstats.yml.1303620067' to prevent
further interruptions. You may want to remove that file later.
Could not rename: Permission denied

Joydeep Chakrabarty

John Bokma laid this down on his screen :

While trying to install it through CPAN, I got this error

cpan> install DBD::DB2
Running install for module 'DBD::DB2'
Running make for I/IB/IBMTORDB2/DBD-DB2-1.80a.tar.gz
Fetching with LWP:
http://ppm.activestate.com/CPAN/authors/id/I/IB/IBMTORDB2/DBD-DB2-1.80a.tar.gz
Error reading 'C:\Perl64\cpan\FTPstats.yml': Alert: While trying to 'parse'
YAML file
'C:\Perl64\cpan\FTPstats.yml'
with 'YAML::XS' the following error was encountered:
Usage: YAML::XS::LibYAML::Load(yaml_sv) at C:\Perl64\lib/YAML/XS.pm line
48.

Stashing away as 'C:\Perl64\cpan\FTPstats.yml.1303620067' to prevent further
interruptions. You may want to remove that file later.
Could not rename: Permission denied

Well, that problem was solved. I changed the Readonly permission on
Perl64 folder. Then I ran "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual
Studio 9.0\Common7\Tools\vsvars32.bat". But Now I am getting Linker
error.

Constants.obj : fatal error LNK1112: module machine type 'X86'
conflicts with target machine type 'x64'
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual
Studio 9.0\VC\BIN\link.EXE"' : return code '0x458'
Stop.
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'C:\PROGRA~2\MICROS~2.0\VC\BIN\nmake.exe' :
return code '0x2'
Stop.

I am using Windows 7 64-bit. I guess I am using 32-bit DBD-DB2. Where
can I get 64-bit perl modules?

Joydeep Chakrabarty

Joydeep Chakrabarty has brought this to us :
Well, that problem was solved. I changed the Readonly permission on Perl64
folder. Then I ran "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio
9.0\Common7\Tools\vsvars32.bat". But Now I am getting Linker error.

Constants.obj : fatal error LNK1112: module machine type 'X86' conflicts with
target machine type 'x64'
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio
9.0\VC\BIN\link.EXE"' : return code '0x458'
Stop.
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'C:\PROGRA~2\MICROS~2.0\VC\BIN\nmake.exe' : return
code '0x2'
Stop.

I am using Windows 7 64-bit. I guess I am using 32-bit DBD-DB2. Where can I
get 64-bit perl modules?

OK, I downloaded Active Perl 32-bit and installed it. DBD::DB2 is not
included but DBD::Oracle is there and working fine. I ran vsvars32.bat.
Then from CPAN, when I issued install DBD::DB2, it gave so many
warnings and finally with these following 6 errors, it stopped.

dbdimp.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _SQLGetLength@20
referenced in function _get_lob_length
dbdimp.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
_SQLGetSubString@40 referenced in function _get_lob_data
dbdimp.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _sqledcls_api@8
referenced in function _db2_data_sources
dbdimp.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _sqledgne_api@12
referenced in function _db2_data_sources
dbdimp.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _sqledosd_api@16
referenced in function _db2_data_sources
dbdimp.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
_SQLBindFileToParam@32 referenced in function _db2_bind_ph
blib\arch\auto\DBD\DB2\DB2.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 6 unresolved
externals
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual
Studio 9.0\VC\BIN\link.EXE"' : return code '0x460'
Stop.

Now, is it Win 7 64-bit OS error or they are in the DBD::DB2 package?
Please help.

John Bokma

Joydeep Chakrabarty said:
OK, I downloaded Active Perl 32-bit and installed it. DBD::DB2 is not
included but DBD::Oracle is there and working fine. I ran
vsvars32.bat. Then from CPAN, when I issued install DBD::DB2, it gave
so many warnings and finally with these following 6 errors, it
stopped.

Did you follow my earlier advice? Go to ppm and add the additional
resources. The module(s) you want to install might already be available
via the alternative repositories. If you use the graphical version of
ppm, click on the cog icon and check the repositories that are
available. In the same window you can add several alternative
repositories which are not added by default.

Jaydip Chakrabarty

Did you follow my earlier advice? Go to ppm and add the additional
resources. The module(s) you want to install might already be available
via the alternative repositories. If you use the graphical version of
ppm, click on the cog icon and check the repositories that are
available. In the same window you can add several alternative
repositories which are not added by default.

I added all the repositories that were available in the GUI PPM. But
DBD::DB2 is not there. Do you know any other repositories that I should
add to it?

Joydeep Chakrabarty