DBI Error: no suitable installation target

ssmith

When attempting to install DBI, I get the following error message:

Error: no suitable installation target found for package DBI.

From the command prompt (WinXP), I type 'ppm'.

From the ppm shell, I type 'install DBI', and after a few seconds, the error
message appears.

My Perl installation is ActivePerl-5.6.1.638-MSWin32-x86.

Can anyone please help me understand how to get past this problem?

Thanks very much,
Sean

ssmith

I had 2 versions of ActivePerl installed. I uninstalled both of them, then
reinstalled 5.8.6.811, then DBI installed fine.