DDE Module for Python 3.1.2

Madhusoodan

Hi Members,

I am learning python 3.1.2 on windows XP. I wanted to do experiments
on importing real time data from QuoteCenter with DDE. After searching
relevant module, I found dde module only for Python 2.6, but not for
3.1.2.

Kindly guide me if there is any other way I can communicate with DDE
server for requesting data with Python 3.X.

Thanks and Regards

madhusoodan

Stefan Behnel

Madhusoodan, 23.08.2010 13:50:
I am learning python 3.1.2 on windows XP. I wanted to do experiments
on importing real time data from QuoteCenter with DDE.

What's DDE here?

After searching
relevant module, I found dde module only for Python 2.6, but not for
3.1.2.

Could you provide a link to the module, so that we know what module you are
actually talking about?

Also, if the project that provides the module has a mailing list, you might
want to ask there.

Stefan

Tim Golden

Madhusoodan, 23.08.2010 13:50:

What's DDE here?

It'll be Microsoft's Dynamic Data Exchange :

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms648711(VS.85).aspx

Didn't know anyone was still using it explicitly.
Could you provide a link to the module, so that we know what module you
are actually talking about?

I expect that'll be the dde module in the pywin32 packages:

http://pywin32.cvs.sourceforge.net/viewvc/pywin32/pywin32/win32/Demos/dde/

I haven't run any tests against it, but it imports ok on
my 3.1.2 instance (albeit after importing win32ui)

TJG

Madhusoodan

Respected Stefan and Tim,

Thanks very much for help.

I found DDE tutorial for 2.6 but was wondering why I can't do it in
3.X.

Thanks Stefan for pywin32. I was not knowing this tool.

Thanks again to both of you.

Regards

madhusoodan