DDE error Poke Failed

Discussion in 'Python' started by xcarma@gmail.com, Sep 15, 2007.

  1. Guest

    Hi

    First of all I am a beginner with python and I am a bit fooling around
    to check wich possibilities I have. I'm trying to get some data to an
    internal developped application.

    Server: DDE
    Topic: SCSDDeServer
    Item: SendCustomerData
    Item data: value, value, value

    I got the following code

    import win32ui, dde
    server = dde.CreateServer()
    server.Create("test")
    conversation = dde.CreateConversation(server)
    conversation.ConnectTo("SCS","SCSDDeServer")
    conversation.Poke('"SendCustomerData", "S1234567,,"')

    When I run this I get

    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "U:\python\scs.py", line 6, in <module>
    conversation.Poke('"SendCustomerData", "S1234567"')
    error: Poke failed

    Am I doing anything wrong? Or is it possible that the SCS application
    only accepts pokes from a specific program?

    Regards

    Maarten

    , Sep 15, 2007