DDE

Robert McMahon

I am trying to get some information from Intouch (Wonderware) an Industrial
User Interface. Intouch supports DDE in the form of (Service,Topic,Item)
The following is the code that I have so far. I can't seem to get the Item
data. I need to get a data from a Tagname called "F1Turb". If anyone could
point me in the right direction.....thanks......

import win32ui
import dde

server = dde.CreateServer()
server.Create("TestClient")

conversation = dde.CreateConversation(server)

conversation.ConnectTo("View","Tagname")

-----Robert

Paul Moore

Robert McMahon said:
I am trying to get some information from Intouch (Wonderware) an Industrial
User Interface. Intouch supports DDE in the form of (Service,Topic,Item)
The following is the code that I have so far. I can't seem to get the Item
data. I need to get a data from a Tagname called "F1Turb". If anyone could
point me in the right direction.....thanks......

import win32ui
import dde

server = dde.CreateServer()
server.Create("TestClient")

conversation = dde.CreateConversation(server)

conversation.ConnectTo("View","Tagname")

Doesn't conversation.Request("F1Turb") do what you want?

See win32\demos\dde\ddeclient.py.

Paul.