    it's not much help.

    So...how do I debug a MembershipProvider?

    - Mark

    Mark Olbert, Jan 10, 2006

  2. Hello Mark,

    You once you run the configuration website, try and attach to the aspnet_wp
    process with VS 2005 with your membership provider. THis has worked for me.

    Shawn Wildermuth
    C# MVP, Author and Speaker
    http://adoguy.com

    Shawn Wildermuth, Jan 10, 2006

  3. Mark Olbert

    Scott Allen Guest

    On Mon, 09 Jan 2006 19:01:37 -0800, Mark Olbert
    <> wrote:

    >The problem is I haven't been able to figure out how to debug my custom MembershipProvider. I've configured the site so that the
    >ASP.NET Configuration wizard uses the custom provider, but whenever I try to create a new user it blows up. It does give me an error
    >message when that happens. However, since that message is badly formatted, and refers solely to ASP.NET Configuration wizard files,
    >it's not much help.

    If you are running the ASP.NET website config tool, then you'll want
    to use Debug -> Attach to Process and find WebDev.WebServer.exe in the
    process list. Set some breakpoints in your code, or use the Debug ->
    Exceptions dialog box to have the debugger break when a managed
    exception is thrown.

    --
    Scott
    http://www.OdeToCode.com/blogs/scott/