Debugging in asp.net - NOT WORKING???

Guest

Hi,

I have a XP Pro machine, vb.net 2003 standard.
I have created a project using ASP.NET in VB.NET, but cannot debug this
application. Each time that i try to debug the application, vb.net thows out
the following error message.
"Unable to start debugging on the web server"
"Verifiy that you are a member of the debuggers group on the server"

I have going to control panel and added myself to the debuggers group, also
into the local policys and added my account to the debug applications, i have
tried to re-install VB.NET but that is not the problem.

Kindest regards
Jefferson

Guest

Hey Mark,

Yip, how did you know :)
I figured out that i needed to add the http://localhost to the trusted sites.

Second thing, do you know why VB.NET 2003 Standard will not connect to the
SQL Server database's??? It tells me that the functionality is not supported
in this version of vb?

Jefferson

Mark Rae

Yip, how did you know :)

Installing SP2 on WinXP Pro is, virtually, guaranteed to break ASP.NET
debugging without some additional tweaking.
Second thing, do you know why VB.NET 2003 Standard will not connect to the
SQL Server database's??? It tells me that the functionality is not
supported
in this version of vb?

How are you trying to connect to the SQL Server databases?
Are the databases remote?
What version of SQL Server / MDAC?

Guest

How are you trying to connect to the SQL Server databases?
Are the databases remote?
What version of SQL Server / MDAC?

The Database's are on the server (SBS2003 box) of which its the Domain
Server as well.
I am running MDAC 2.8