Debugging Ruby

celldee

Every so often I have to resort to using a debugger. I quite like
ruby-
debug, but I was wondering whether there are any other options worth
considering that I'd missed. Any suggestions?

Regards,

Chris
htttp://rotsog.wordpress.com

Martin Krauskopf

celldee said:
Every so often I have to resort to using a debugger. I quite like
ruby-
debug, but I was wondering whether there are any other options worth
considering that I'd missed. Any suggestions?

Two days ago I've been curious about the similar. I've read through
various articles and accumulate the following:

http://debug-commons.rubyforge.org/_miscellaneous/ruby-debugging.html

And there is surely more. Was just a quick run. It is just a template
for now, just take a look at TOC + some links below the TOC or Google
those frontends.

A lot of frontends (RDT, NetBeans, Emacs, RadRails (=RDT), ...) somehow
utilizes ruby-debug-base so you get almost the same speed as with the
ruby-debug-cli.

m.