Debugging Webservices

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Goose14, Sep 22, 2006.

  1. Goose14

    Goose14 Guest

    I have a client application and a webservice. Both are in the same
    solution. If I reference the local webservice and run, and step into
    the webservice no problem. My question is, when I want to publish the
    webservice, do i have to keep changing the reference from the local
    copy to the remote copy(on server) ?

    My ultimate goal is to be able to debug the webservice. Currently my
    client app even in debug mode has the reference to the remote copy of
    the webservice, but I cannot debug that way. The only way I see to
    debug is if I change the reference to the local copy and step through
    that way.

    Is this correct? Is the way everyone does it?

    Also In the webservice, I access a local database (local to the remote
    server), but when i change the reference to the local copy of the
    webservice(i do not have the db locally) do i have to manually change
    all the "localhost" connections to remote?

    Any info on this matter would be much appriciated!!
    Goose14, Sep 22, 2006

  2. to debug remote, in the debugger, connect to the remote server. then yu can
    step in (if remote debugging is setup correctly)

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    bruce barker \(sqlwork.com\), Sep 22, 2006