decompress Huffmann with java.util.zip?

Andrei Kouznetsov

Hi all,

I know that Zip uses Huffmann-Compression.
Is there some way to (mis)use Deflater or may be
ZipInputStream to decompress data compressed with Huffman compression?

thanks

ByteCoder

Andrei said:
Hi all,

I know that Zip uses Huffmann-Compression.
Is there some way to (mis)use Deflater or may be
ZipInputStream to decompress data compressed with Huffman compression?

If Huffmann compression is the default for any zip file than yes, you
can use the zipinputstream.

Andrey Kuznetsov

Hi all,
If Huffmann compression is the default for any zip file than yes, you can
use the zipinputstream.

what is zipinputstream? Do you mean java.util.zip.ZipInputStream?
ZipInputStream is awaiting data in defined format so may be I have to
prepare
my data.

Chris Uppal

Andrei said:
I know that Zip uses Huffmann-Compression.
Is there some way to (mis)use Deflater or may be
ZipInputStream to decompress data compressed with Huffman compression?

No.

-- chris

ByteCoder

Andrey said:
what is zipinputstream? Do you mean java.util.zip.ZipInputStream?
ZipInputStream is awaiting data in defined format so may be I have to
prepare
my data.

Sorry, I meant java.util.zip.ZipInputStream.