delay and disappearance for jPopUPMenus

onetitfemme

Don't JPopupMenus have an internal Timer to go out of the picture if
users don't make a selection within a certain period of time? The
closest I got was:
..
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/api/javax/swing/JPopupMenu.html#setVisible(boolean)
..
I am looking for a funtionality similar to tooltips,
..
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/api/javax/swing/JComponent.html#setToolTipText(java.lang.String)
..
which close by themselves.
..
Am I trying to do the right thing the right way? How is it you do
that, using Listeners? Which Listener interface should you use?
..
I was taking a look at:
..
http://java.sun.com/javase/6/docs/api/javax/swing/JToolTip.html