Delegates and UpdatePanels

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Mike Gleason jr Couturier, Aug 7, 2008.

  1. Hi everyone,

    I have a page with multiple UpdatePanels (UpdateMode Conditional).
    I'm having a concurrency issue:

    1- The user triggers an Update on a panel to change some business data.
    2- The panel is changing the business layer (in session)
    3- The business layer is triggering (Invoke) a delegate to notify every
    listeners that some business data have changed
    4- Another update panel that was listening to the delegate in #3 is updating
    its display to show the latest data

    The problem is that the Panel in #4 has the new data but it seems that the
    Panel has already rendered itself. So the user is seeing the old data but
    when I refresh the page, the panel shows the live data.

    I'm doing something wrong here (logic or programmatically). So where can I
    find infos on this?
    How would you guys proceed?

    Just to let you know.. the UpdatePanels don't know the existance of others.

    Thanks

    Mike

    Mike Gleason jr Couturier, Aug 7, 2008