Deleting a directory in the web root terminates all sessions

Laurent Bugnion

Hi,

I observed a behaviour which I don't remember having observed in ASP.NET
1.1. Does anyone have information about this?

1) Start a few sessions in the same web application
2) Delete a directory located under the root folder
3) All open sessions are terminated, and Application_End is executed.

This happens even when using the Web Application Template, instead of
the "New website" option.

Thanks,
Laurent

Laurent Bugnion

Hi Juan,
That behavior is by design.

Good to know. Do you remember if it was the same in 1.1? I think not,
but I cannot remember for sure.

Do I suppose correctly that it doesn't happen if the said directory is
not under to web application root?

Thanks,
Laurent