    which all resolve to an "Object not found" page.

    Ouch!

    Thank you for your years of service, rm -rf *.

    Kaz Kylheku, Oct 29, 2011

  2. Kaz Kylheku <> writes:
    > Google's index has various references that resolve to error pages, such as
    >
    > http://www.cs.bell-labs.com/who/dmr
    >
    > which all resolve to an "Object not found" page.
    >
    > Ouch!
    >
    > Thank you for your years of service, rm -rf *.

    It looks like http://www.cs.bell-labs.com is down. I *hope* it's just a
    temporary server outage; there's a lot of good stuff there, not just
    dmr's home page.

    Keith Thompson, Oct 29, 2011

  3. Keith Thompson <> writes:
    > Kaz Kylheku <> writes:
    >> Google's index has various references that resolve to error pages, such as
    >>
    >> http://www.cs.bell-labs.com/who/dmr
    >>
    >> which all resolve to an "Object not found" page.
    >>
    >> Ouch!
    >>
    >> Thank you for your years of service, rm -rf *.

    > It looks like http://www.cs.bell-labs.com is down. I *hope* it's just a
    > temporary server outage; there's a lot of good stuff there, not just
    > dmr's home page.

    Yes, it appears to have been a temporary server outage. The page is
    back, with the following addition:

    In Memoriam

    Dennis died in early October, 2011. This is a note from his
    sister and brothers:

    As Dennis's siblings, Lynn, John, and Bill Ritchie--on behalf
    of the entire Ritchie family--we wanted to convey to all of
    you how deeply moved, astonished, and appreciative we are of
    the loving tributes to Dennis that we have been reading. We
    can confirm what we keep hearing again and again:

    Dennis was an unfailingly kind, sweet, unassuming, and
    generous brother--and of course a complete geek. He had a
    hilariously dry sense of humor, and a keen appreciation for
    life's absurdities--though his world view was entirely devoid
    of cynicism or mean-spiritedness.

    We are terribly sad to have lost him, but touched beyond words to
    realize what a mark he made on the world, and how well his gentle
    personality--beyond his accomplishments--seems to be understood.

    Lynn, John, and Bill Ritchie

    return EXIT_SUCCESS;

    Keith Thompson, Nov 3, 2011