Dependency question

Joe Fallon

I have 4 projects in a Solution. Some of them refer to the same class
library: ABC.dll.
I have copied the file ABC.dll to each of the bin folders and yet I still
get this message when I build the solution.

Warning: The dependency 'ABC, Version=1.0.1511.33096, Culture=neutral' in
project 'XYZ' cannot be copied to the run directory because it would
overwrite the reference ''ABC, Version=1.0.1514.16688, Culture=neutral'.

Can someone please explain what it means and how I should handle these
dependencies?

Thanks!

Malek

You have a refernce to that dll that corresponds to version 1.0.1511.33096
in your project. When yopu build, it tries to copy it to the bin directory
and finds the dll you copied there that is of version 1.0.1514.16688.

How do you go about it :

1- just reference the dll from where it is, it will be copied to the bin
folder during build.
2- if you want it referenced from within the bin directory (where you
already have put it) reference it from there (take out the old reference and
add the one from bin)...
3 - If you don't want it copied there (want it referenced in some other
location - would force you to deploy to the same location ...) then change
its property "copy Local" to false.