Deploying ASP.NET Application

Guest

I am in the process of moving our asp.net application from staging environment to our production environment. Our security in staging is quite a bit more lax then in production and when we deployed it - the application keeps returning errors when trying to connect to SQL Server (2000). We have opened the following ports on our firewall to allow communication - 135 (RPC), 80 (HTTP), 1433 (SQL), 1434 (SQL), 21 (FTP). The really odd thing is that one our older ASP applications works just fine in this evironment and connect to the database server with the same exact connection string as the one we have deployed in the asp.net application. I am hoping that someone has run into this problem before and can tell me what other ports are necessary for asp.net.

M. Zeeshan Mustafa

error is in authentication or tcp/pipe connection? can you please paste the
error description?

--
Hope this helps,
Zeeshan Mustafa, MCSD

rlthurston said:
I am in the process of moving our asp.net application from staging
environment to our production environment. Our security in staging is quite
a bit more lax then in production and when we deployed it - the application
keeps returning errors when trying to connect to SQL Server (2000). We have
opened the following ports on our firewall to allow communication - 135
(RPC), 80 (HTTP), 1433 (SQL), 1434 (SQL), 21 (FTP). The really odd thing is
that one our older ASP applications works just fine in this evironment and
connect to the database server with the same exact connection string as the
one we have deployed in the asp.net application. I am hoping that someone
has run into this problem before and can tell me what other ports are
necessary for asp.net.

M. Zeeshan Mustafa

Hi,

you've said in your early post that your older ASP applications are working
fine in this environment.. I think this is not about firewall port blocking,
its more
likely that you are using integrated security while connecting your
application
to SQL Server?

You should read this blog post:
http://weblogs.asp.net/AChang/archive/2004/04/15/113866.aspx

Good luck
--
Hope this helps,
Zeeshan Mustafa, MCSD

rlthurston said:
SQL Server does not exist or access denied.
Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: SQL Server does not exist or access denied.

- the connection string that I am using works for other code that is
deployed on that server - it has something to do with ports on the firewall
that the .net app is trying to communicate on.environment to our production environment. Our security in staging is quite