deploying asp.net application

niv

Hello,

I am not sure what I need to do before deploying my
asp.net web application.

I have uploaded all aspx pages.. actually the entire
project folder to my web host and then I tried typing in
the www.domainname.webform.aspx and the page does not show
up.

Is there something else I need to do before copying the
files over... I have compiled the application.

Any help would be appreciated.

niv

Guest

1] Folder destination needs to be setup as a ASP application directory within
IIS on Host serv.
2] You need only have the following files in the apps directorys;
.ASPX/Web.Config/any .xml your using
3] Must have the Bin folder and within it the DLLs.

Thats all.

Ken Dopierala Jr.

Hi Niv,

The URL you probably want would be: http://www.domainname.com/webform.aspx
Don't forget you also need a Bin directory off of your root with your DLL(s)
in it. If you are using VS.Net you can click on your project, then click on
the Copy Project button which will show up at the top of the Solution
Explorer. This will let you post your project directly through VS.Net which
will create the virtual directory for you and place all the files correctly.
Good luck! Ken.