Deployment Advice

Chris

I've just built my first system of reasonable complexity. I have built it on
my own so deploying has been copy and paste. Soon other people will be
working on it. Does anyone have any suggestions on deployment stategies and
creating a test environment. I can't really find anything on best practices
for this.

Bear in mind I work in a small company which doesn't even have source
control (I know, I know). I was thinking:

Develop on your local machine.
Copy files and run SQL scripts to a test machine to test everything
compiles.
Use the Publish option to deploy to our remote preproduction server.
When the client is happy.
Copy to the live system.