deployment of asp.net application

Edward

hi, does anybody use tools other than vs.net to make installation media of
asp.net application?

thanks in advance.

Edward Zhong

does Inno provide APIs like Register IIS directory and SQL server db
creation ?

Carlton858

does Inno provide APIs like Register IIS directory and SQL server db
creation ?
Not sure since I have not automated the creation of IIS virtual
directories and SQL Server DB creation through Inno. I seem to
remember that Inno will execute files for you since I have used Inno
to register DLL and OCX files for an ASP app. I primarily use Inno to
deploy the files and create the directory structure - my database
deployment is 99% automated and I still create IIS stuff by hand (it
is pretty easy).

However, VS.Net is not the only way to deploy a site. I have
automated the creation of my database objects through SQL scripts (SQL
server provides an option to script the database creation) with *.bat
files. As for creation of IIS virtual directories, I believe that
all you need to do there is write a VBScript file that does this. Is
this hard? I don't know since I have not done that yet, but I don't
think so because I know there are scripts on the Internet you can
steal. You just have to save somethings for the next project.

Carlton

Edward Zhong

Thanks , Carton.

I studied some starter kits of Asp.Net , all is with the postfix ".msi".

Maybe I should check some API of IIS creation .

If I find some solution, I will notify you.

Edward