    What is the general consensus on the best tools for application deployment?

    Thanks
    David
    =?Utf-8?B?YmVwQDEwLjEwLjEwLjEw?=, Oct 17, 2006

  2. "And NANT could work, but may be re-inventing the wheel."
    should read
    "And Powershell scripts could work, but may bere-inventing the wheel."

    =?Utf-8?B?YmVwQDEwLjEwLjEwLjEw?=, Oct 17, 2006

  3. vs2005 has no real deployment support. it will build a staging folder, or a
    msi.

    to roll you own, you really have nant, msbuild or a custom script. if you
    are using team suite or not unit testing(shame, shame), then you probably
    should use msbuild instead of nant.

    note: having team, I switched from nant/nuint to msbuild, but still use
    cruise control. also had good luck with database deployments with team
    database (beta)

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    bruce barker \(sqlwork.com\), Oct 17, 2006