    Studio.NET 2005 SP1?

    I installed SP1 and don't see either available to me???

    Thanks!

    Brian McCullough, Feb 5, 2007

  2. Brian McCullough

    Mark Rae Guest

    "Brian McCullough" <> wrote in message
    news:uB2$...

    > Are the Web Deployment and Web Application projects part of Visual
    > Studio.NET 2005 SP1?

    WAP yes, WDP no.

    > I installed SP1 and don't see either available to me???

    Click File, New, Project - is one of your options ASP.NET Web
    Application...?

    Mark Rae, Feb 5, 2007

  3. OK, so I do have the WAP installed :) (but not the WDP, so I guess I will
    just dowload this).

    I am fairly new to ASP.NET 2.0. Is WDP the way to go for build/deployment
    if you are not using WAP??? Why was WDP excluded from SP1?

    Thanks!

    Brian McCullough, Feb 6, 2007
  4. Brian McCullough

    > OK, so I do have the WAP installed :) (but not the WDP, so I guess I will
    > just dowload this).

    Yep.

    > I am fairly new to ASP.NET 2.0.

    OK.

    > Is WDP the way to go for build/deployment if you are not using WAP???

    The two aren't mutually exclusive - WDP is just as useful for web sites as
    it is for web applications...

    Why was WDP excluded from SP1?

    No idea...

    Mark Rae, Feb 6, 2007