Web Deployment & Web Application Projects in SP1?

Brian McCullough

Hello,

Are the Web Deployment and Web Application projects part of Visual
Studio.NET 2005 SP1?

I installed SP1 and don't see either available to me???

Thanks!

Mark Rae

Are the Web Deployment and Web Application projects part of Visual
Studio.NET 2005 SP1?

WAP yes, WDP no.
I installed SP1 and don't see either available to me???

Click File, New, Project - is one of your options ASP.NET Web
Application...?

Brian McCullough

OK, so I do have the WAP installed :) (but not the WDP, so I guess I will
just dowload this).

I am fairly new to ASP.NET 2.0. Is WDP the way to go for build/deployment
if you are not using WAP??? Why was WDP excluded from SP1?

Thanks!

Mark Rae

OK, so I do have the WAP installed :) (but not the WDP, so I guess I will
just dowload this).
Yep.

I am fairly new to ASP.NET 2.0.
OK.

Is WDP the way to go for build/deployment if you are not using WAP???

The two aren't mutually exclusive - WDP is just as useful for web sites as
it is for web applications...

Why was WDP excluded from SP1?

No idea...