Deployment of Microsoft Office Xp Primary Interop Assembly

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by kunallalwani@gmail.com, Oct 10, 2005.

  1. Guest

    Hi friends,
    I had a functional requirement of my project to get the text content of
    any Microsoft Office (xp) related file and show it to the user. I
    downloaded the Office Xp Primary Interop Assemblies from the microsoft
    site. I use Microsoft Visual Studio.NET 2003 for development including
    ..NET Framework 1.1. The application runs perfectly at the developers
    end. Now i need to deploy this application at the customer's box,so i
    made a deployment project which had installed all the assemblies in the
    Global Assembly Cache and it also made entries in the registry ,now the
    problem is that if the customer's box has not installed Office xp then
    the project shows me a message that CLSID(0000..} is not registered or
    valid. I checked lots of forums, and websites they pointed it out as a
    bug. Please help me ...

    Thanks in adavance
    Kunal Ramesh Lalwani
    Software Developer
    Fahm Softwares
    India

    , Oct 10, 2005

  2. Bruce Barker Guest

    you also need to install office xp on the web server - the interops need
    something to call.

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    Bruce Barker, Oct 10, 2005