Deployment question re: dlls, code-behinds, aspx files etc.

RonL

We're using ASP.NET 1.1, C# and Visual Studio 2003.

We use XCopy to copy the application files (dll from the Visual Studio
Build, aspx, xslt etc) to the Production Server. When a user browses
the application after the XCopy what is re-compiled? Is it just the
aspx files and the web.config. I assume the code-behind files
(xxxxx.aspx.cs etc.) are not recompiled, am I correct?

Thanks
Ron

Vlad Iliescu

No, they're not. Their code is included in the dll, so you could delete
them if you wish.