Design a matrix (rows and column) control in ASP.NET

MSK

Hi

I am trying to design a small WEB application to track the employees
holiday/leave details using .Net technologies ( ASP.NET/ SQL server)

I wan to design a matrix control (using listview,datagrid...etc) like
the following

Jan | Feb | Mar .............. | Dec
1 Morning
Afternoon
2 Morning
Afternoon
3 Morning
Afternoon
_________________________________________________..
31
(just imagine this grid has vertical lines which makes cells for each
entry)

if user selects any cell then I want to change the cell's background
color

How to design a grid to show the matrix values [like the above] also I
don't know which control will be helpful [datagrid, listview..etc] ?
can my requirements [like changing each cell value] be achievable ?

Thanks
MSK

bruce barker

how you do it depends on your design choices. are you doing an ajax
application, or server based one with postbacks? changing cell color is just
setting styles, so either will work, though rollover effects will require
javascript code in either case.

if you want to use ajax see the jquery controls, if serverside, see gridview
or 3rd party control if you want effects and don't know dom/javascript.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)