Design a matrix (rows and column

MSK

Hi

I am trying to design a small WEB application to track the employees
holiday/leave details using .Net technologies ( ASP.NET/ SQL server)

I wan to design a matrix control (using listview,datagrid...etc) like
the following

Jan | Feb | Mar .............. | Dec
1 Morning
Afternoon
2 Morning
Afternoon
3 Morning
Afternoon
_________________________________________________..
31
(just imagine this grid has vertical lines which makes cells for each
entry)

if user selects any cell then I want to change the cell's background
color

How to design a grid to show the matrix values [like the above] also I
don't know which control will be helpful [datagrid, listview..etc] ?
can my requirements [like changing each cell value] be achievable ?

Thanks
MSK