Design question...

Griff

I'm gradually learning ASP.NET, but want to come up with a site design that
contains dynamic menus. I'm not sure exactly what possiblilities are
available to me (one I like is Microsoft's own one, e.g. the left hand
column on
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/itsolutions/ecommerce/default.mspx)

I guess I'm really after a book that explains the best way to achieve this
(although a beginner, I'd prefer a non-beginner's book). Having worked out
how to achieve this, I'd like to work out how to configure the effects
(colours, fonts, font sizes etc) to each individual's preferences.

A lot to ask, but any suggestions?

Thanks

Griff

stefano mostarda

Hi Griff,

I don't know any component to build a menu like Microsoft one,
so I have used a treeview from IE web controls. It's higly configurable
and easy to use.

To store user preferenes, you can use cookies or DB tables if the user
must be authenticated before accessing you app.

HTH,
Stefano Mostarda MCP
Rome Italy

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\) [MVP]

The easiest way to get this is DHTML. See the following URL for some ideas:
http://www.webreference.com/dhtml/

--
Gregory A. Beamer
MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA