Designer error - file failed to load in the form desingner.

vireemani

Hi all,
I have a form with some server controls on it. I changed text box ID's
and compiled the solution. I got an error message saying type or
namespace name "txtEmrgcyContactName" could not be found. So I went to
the form and looked at the properties for the control. It says Html
control for the server control textbox. I removed that control and
tried to drag a textbox from tool box , but the form is not accepting
it .[the pointer is circle with a cross line]
I closed the form and tried to reopen it then, I got the following
error.

"The file failed to load in the web form designer. please correct the
following error and load again. The desingner could not be shown for
this file, because none of the classes with in it can be designed. The
desinger inspected the following classes in the file:
EmpInfo ----the base class HRIS.Base.BasePage could not be loaded.
Ensure assembly has been referenced or built as part of this project.

The form was working fine before I changed the id's of the controls.
Plese help me to correct this problem
Thank you - vireemani

Natty Gur

Hi,

usually you need to delete application directory (directory with
application name) under "temporary asp.net files" directory (which is
under Framework directory).

This always works for me.

HTH.

Natty Gur[MVP]