desperate - cannot edit web form html or css without rebuilding

KJ

I am building an ASP.NET 2.0 Web Site in VS 2005 Team Edition SP1.
Every time I edit any HTML (not just server controls, even if I edit a
div), or even if I edit the stylesheet (yes, the .css file), I get the
error below. This is getting to be a nightmare, and I'd love some
suggestions on how to stop it. I have the Edit and Continue setting
enabled, but that doesn't help any. Please help if you can. The error
follows:

Server Error in '/Sites.MySite' Application.

Compilation Error
required to service this request. Please review the following specific
error details and modify your source code appropriately.

Compiler Error Message: CS0006: Metadata file 'C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET
\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files\sites.mysite
\2f75a5d7\2a72c2ee\App_Web_4fbguju3.dll' could not be found

Source Error:

[No relevant source lines]

Source File: Line: 0

Nathan Sokalski

Well, first of all, when using ASP.NET you should have all data that you
expect to change frequently come from external data sources (database, xml
file, text file, etc.) so that you can change those sources without needing
to recompile. But in your case it looks like your code is trying to use a
*.dll that doesn't exist yet. I am guessing that this *.dll is one that is
generated when you compile your code. I haven't seen how your site is set
up, so I can't say for sure, but try taking a look at this.