Detect the ActiveX Control is able to run

SiuLoBow

Hi,

Is there anyway to detect the ActiveX control is able to run on the browser
or not?

After I installed the ActiveX control to my system, user sometimes switch
the secruity setting to "not able to run ActiveX control". So, the ActiveX
control just show on the broswer, but not able to run it.

I want to find a way to detect it. And prompt the user a message telling
that the ActiveX control is not able to run.

Siulobow

Steven Burn

You don't need to....... the browser will tell the user that the page is
trying to run an ActiveX.

--

Regards

Steven Burn
Ur I.T. Mate Group
www.it-mate.co.uk

Keeping it FREE!

SiuLoBow

I know that.

But I want to customize a page and tell the user what to do. Therefore, I
need to capture the event.

Steven Burn

Won't the browser detect it before the page calls the method? (I was under
the impression that the browser detects these things before the page has a
chance to do anything......?)

--

Regards

Steven Burn