Determine platform with ANT

Cory Aitchison

I cannot find a way to determine the platform on which my ANT script
is running (i.e., Linux, Windows, etc.). Does anyone know if there is
a way to do this or am I stuck writing my own custom task?

Regards,

Cory

Fred L. Kleinschmidt

Cory said:
I cannot find a way to determine the platform on which my ANT script
is running (i.e., Linux, Windows, etc.). Does anyone know if there is
a way to do this or am I stuck writing my own custom task?

Regards,

Cory

What's this got to do with java?

Oscar kind

Cory Aitchison said:
I cannot find a way to determine the platform on which my ANT script
is running (i.e., Linux, Windows, etc.). Does anyone know if there is
a way to do this or am I stuck writing my own custom task?

Ant has build-in properties. See the documentation under "Using Ant" at
http://ant.apache.org/manual/index.html

The properties you want are:
os.name
os.arch
os.version

Tony Morris

What's this got to do with java?

Ant is the de facto standard build tool for Java.
Perhaps more relevant in com.lang.java.softwaretools.