determining roles

Sean

Hi all,

I'm creating a web application that attempts to restrict access by
checking the IsInRole function for the desired roles. This works for
accounts that are local to the machine, but for some reason when I use
a domain account that is not local, there are no roles available.
When I inspect the principalPermissions object, it will say that the
roles are loaded but the roles itself are null. How to I check for
roles on a domain account?

thanks,
Sean

Sean

Found out what the problem was, few things, make sure your roles are
formatted like "DomainName\\Role" (role is the same as group), make
sure your spelling is correct, and finally, the reason the roles don't
show up in the memory tree is that for network roles, I don't believe
they are cached in memory but rather retrieved dynamically for each
call to IsInRole.

Sean