    Thanks!

    Pete

    , Apr 28, 2005

  2. kaeli Guest

    In article <>, pete@ima-
    web.com enlightened us with...
    > Hello,
    >
    > I need resources for the following and would be appreciative to anyone
    > that can help!!!!
    >
    > 1. a free website that clearly & comprehensively explains the DOM

    Which one? ;)
    The official standard is W3C.
    http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/

    Now, how javascript is used for DHTML type tasks to interact with the browser
    DOM depends on the browser. The two most popular, MSIE and Gecko (firefox,
    netscape, mozilla):
    http://www.mozilla.org/docs/dom/domref/dom_shortTOC.html
    > http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...hor/dhtml/reference/dhtml_reference_entry.asp

    > 2. a free website that has a clear & comprehensive tutorial of how to
    > develop DHTML tree menus,

    Good luck. I have yet to see one. Most people who use them use generator
    tools or buy third party, IME.

    ~kaeli~
    If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.
    http://www.ipwebdesign.net/wildAtHeart
    http://www.ipwebdesign.net/kaelisSpace

    kaeli, Apr 28, 2005

  3. wrote:

    > 1. a free website that clearly & comprehensively explains the DOM

    Check out visibone.com - they have some nice reference cards with which
    features different browsers support. Otherwise, w3c.org is the place.

    > 2. a free website that has a clear & comprehensive tutorial of how to
    > develop DHTML tree menus, such as the menu at http://www.giants.com/
    > it doesn't have to be a tutorial, i'd be more than happy to get a free
    > template with some explanation

    You mean like this?

    http://koivi.com/css-menus/

    --
    Justin Koivisto -
    http://koivi.com

    Justin Koivisto, Apr 28, 2005
  4. Matt Kruse Guest

    Matt Kruse, Apr 28, 2005

    Thank you to everyone that replied!

    Pete

    , May 2, 2005
  6. wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > I need resources for the following and would be appreciative to anyone
    > that can help!!!!
    > [...]
    > Please note that I do know JAVA and C++, so I do know how to
    > program.... And I know enough Javascript to get by and the same with
    > CSS..... I do need to know more nowadays though!!
    >
    > Any help will be appreciated!!!

    "Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head,
    "are a sure sign of a diseased mind."
    -- Terry Pratchett in "Eric"

    PointedEars
    --
    Those who desire to give up freedom in order to gain security,
    will not have, nor do they deserve, either one.

    Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn, May 8, 2005
  7. Kate Guest

    Kate, May 19, 2005