DHTML tree menus / resources

pete

Hello,

I need resources for the following and would be appreciative to anyone
that can help!!!!

1. a free website that clearly & comprehensively explains the DOM

2. a free website that has a clear & comprehensive tutorial of how to
develop DHTML tree menus, such as the menu at http://www.giants.com/
it doesn't have to be a tutorial, i'd be more than happy to get a free
template with some explanation; i just don't have the time to take
right now to read the book i bought on it.... i will eventually, but
not now....

Please note that I do know JAVA and C++, so I do know how to
program.... And I know enough Javascript to get by and the same with
CSS..... I do need to know more nowadays though!!

Any help will be appreciated!!!

Thanks!

Pete

kaeli

pete@ima- said:
Hello,

I need resources for the following and would be appreciative to anyone
that can help!!!!

1. a free website that clearly & comprehensively explains the DOM

Which one? ;)
The official standard is W3C.
http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/

Now, how javascript is used for DHTML type tasks to interact with the browser
DOM depends on the browser. The two most popular, MSIE and Gecko (firefox,
netscape, mozilla):
http://www.mozilla.org/docs/dom/domref/dom_shortTOC.html
2. a free website that has a clear & comprehensive tutorial of how to
develop DHTML tree menus,

Good luck. I have yet to see one. Most people who use them use generator
tools or buy third party, IME.

Justin Koivisto

1. a free website that clearly & comprehensively explains the DOM

Check out visibone.com - they have some nice reference cards with which
features different browsers support. Otherwise, w3c.org is the place.
2. a free website that has a clear & comprehensive tutorial of how to
develop DHTML tree menus, such as the menu at http://www.giants.com/
it doesn't have to be a tutorial, i'd be more than happy to get a free
template with some explanation

You mean like this?

http://koivi.com/css-menus/

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

Hello,

I need resources for the following and would be appreciative to anyone
that can help!!!!
[...]
Please note that I do know JAVA and C++, so I do know how to
program.... And I know enough Javascript to get by and the same with
CSS..... I do need to know more nowadays though!!

Any help will be appreciated!!!

"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head,
"are a sure sign of a diseased mind."
-- Terry Pratchett in "Eric"

PointedEars