Scripts

Reaction score
Hi,

How are you today?

I am currently enrolled in a Bachelor of Information Technology (Honours) programme and must complete a research paper. Machine learning for cloud security is the subject of my presentation.

The issue is that I have a presentation in front of a panel of professors in less than a week.

The objective is to develop a neural network-based application to analyse Cloud-based Fraudulent Resource Consumption (FRC) attacks.

I need to replicate the FRC attack by running a script that launches an attack against a cloud-based asset with a specified budget and can output some numbers indicating the attack's intensity. As a result, the attack's effect is that resource consumption becomes a jumble of numbers. For instance, the script can perform Fraudulent Resource Consumption (FRC) and inform us how many resources were affected by the FRC attack.

Then, another script captures and infers that data indicates an actual attack, implying the detection phase. This requires the use of a neural network-based script such as Support Vector.

That is now the assistance I require.

• Is there anywhere on the internet to obtain these three scripts that combine to perform Fraudulent Resource Consumption (FRC) attacks in the Cloud, detect and block the attack, and then inform us of the number of resources consumed? We are required to utilise Support Vector machines.

I would be highly appreciative if you could assist me with this practical presentation.

Many thanks and regards,

Osama Faheem

Reaction score
That's... a LOT for less than a week. Is that how long you were given from the start? What have you done so far? sklearn has an implementation of support vector machines and has plenty of docs and examples, so that's a solid library to start with. What cloud software are you using?

Reaction score
That's... a LOT for less than a week. Is that how long you were given from the start? What have you done so far? sklearn has an implementation of support vector machines and has plenty of docs and examples, so that's a solid library to start with. What cloud software are you using?
Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

Well, the date today has been extended till 15 March 2022. I will be using VirtualBox on a Windows 10 machine to deploy Windows server 2016 will not patch it and then first perform Fraudulent Resource Consumption (FRC) attack and there will be another script to defend it

Reaction score
Oh, goodie, two whole weeks. Well, performing the attack, I believe, is going to be relatively simple. Just write a script to keep requesting files. Depending on how smart you want it to be, you'd change the assets your requesting, the frequency, etc. Unfortunately, to detect it, you're actually going to need plenty of real, legitimate traffic. Otherwise, the only traffic will be fraudulent and there's nothing to train against. You can find access logs online and then just insert fake requests into them, maybe, to speed things up. Once you've got plenty of real data and access logs, you can start training your neural network, which should be the fun part.

Ask a Question