Dialog

Mark

I need to create an ASP.NET dialog form and then have it pop up in the users
browser from the main form when the user clicks a image button. I then
need to acquire the dialog results in the main form for processing. Do you
know any examples of how to do this?

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Thanks for Galin's informative inputs,

Hi Mark,

In addition to the AJAX approach Galin mentioned, normally, we would use
javascript make communication between dialog page and its opener page at
client-side(there is not such relation for two ASP.ENT pages on
server-side). Also, we can call opener page's function in the dialog page.
Here are some web articles has mentioned some of such approaches:

#Implementing a Dialog Box in ASP.NET Based Web Application
http://www.dotnetjunkies.com/Article/A72FCFD7-3874-408A-8FCE-541BEC74C704.dc
ik

#ModalDialogHelper Control in ASP.NET 1.1 and 2.0
http://www.codeproject.com/aspnet/modaldialoghelpercontrol.asp

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Steven Cheng