    [ServiceContract(Namespace = "")]
    [AspNetCompatibilityRequirements(RequirementsMode =
    AspNetCompatibilityRequirementsMode.Allowed)]

    Cindy Lee, Mar 19, 2010

  2. Cindy Lee

    Mr. Arnold Guest

    Cindy Lee wrote:
    > I'm sort of new to WCF and I was wondering the difference between Ajax
    > Enabled WCF service and regular WCF?

    It just means that you can call the WCF directly instead of having to go
    to the WebFrom.aspx.cs or vb codebehind file to make the call to the WCF
    Web service.

    > You're adding, and don't have an interface class. When do you want to
    > use each one?

    The one for Ajax I would suspect it to be using a client maybe server
    side control to load the control using Ajax with a direct call to WCF
    Web service like databind to a Grid control from a back-end database,
    query only through WCF Web service.

    The second one being called from a codebehind file would be for calling
    CURD operations on a back-end database through a WCF Web service.

    I don't about some interface class as it pertains to making a call to
    WCF. But any call to a WCF service is going through the IService.cs or
    vb to use methods in the Service.svc.cs or vb.

    > What do the following lines give you below, vs a regular WCF service?
    > [ServiceContract(Namespace = "")]
    > [AspNetCompatibilityRequirements(RequirementsMode =
    > AspNetCompatibilityRequirementsMode.Allowed)]

    It means that the WCF Web service will have all the capabilities of an
    ASP.NET solution such as keeping session variables and keeping the
    session in state on a session state server and other such ASP.NET
    solutions capabilities.

    Mr. Arnold, Mar 19, 2010