    between project references and dll references?

    thanks
    jack
    jakk, Mar 21, 2005

  2. jakk

    Karl Seguin Guest

    Funny, someone was asking me that the other day.

    Bin is where the final compiled code is stored.
    Obj is where the compiler stores intermediate files...these are used for
    incremental builds (if you build a 2nd time, it doesn't rebuild the entire
    project and can reuse some of the stuff from the first time in obj to make
    the build faster). C++ makes use of obj much more than C#/Vb.Net

    Project reference references an existing project which is part of the
    solution. Dll reference simply points to a DLL of the file (if you pick DLL
    reference, make sure to reference the file from the bin folder (the better
    of two evils, in my opinion)). If you have the time and/or inclination,
    check out
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnbda/html/tdlg_ch4.asp
    for more details on this last question. Personally, I prefer project
    references whenever possible (ie, when the source code is within my
    control).

    Karl

    --
    MY ASP.Net tutorials
    annoying)

    Karl Seguin, Mar 21, 2005

  3. jakk

    jakk Guest

    Thanks for your reply!! I have one more question. I see one more folder
    lib. Whats does this have??
    jakk, Mar 22, 2005
  4. jakk

    jakk, Mar 22, 2005