Difference between bin and obj directories and difference between project references and dll referen

jakk

hello all,

whats the Difference between bin and obj directories and difference
between project references and dll references?

thanks
jack

Karl Seguin

Funny, someone was asking me that the other day.

Bin is where the final compiled code is stored.
Obj is where the compiler stores intermediate files...these are used for
incremental builds (if you build a 2nd time, it doesn't rebuild the entire
project and can reuse some of the stuff from the first time in obj to make
the build faster). C++ makes use of obj much more than C#/Vb.Net

Project reference references an existing project which is part of the
solution. Dll reference simply points to a DLL of the file (if you pick DLL
reference, make sure to reference the file from the bin folder (the better
of two evils, in my opinion)). If you have the time and/or inclination,
check out
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnbda/html/tdlg_ch4.asp
for more details on this last question. Personally, I prefer project
references whenever possible (ie, when the source code is within my
control).

Karl

--
MY ASP.Net tutorials
annoying)

jakk

Thanks for your reply!! I have one more question. I see one more folder
lib. Whats does this have??