difference between persistet DLL(ASP.NET Temp Files) and Bin Folde

Guest

what is the difference between persistet DLL(ASP.NET Temp Files) and one
which is IIS/Webapplication/ BIN Folder.
can anyone tell what exactly happens for the first request for the above
senario.

regards
Satish

Karl Seguin

Satish:
Simply put, files in the /bin folder are those which you precompile and
deploy to your site. They consist of all .cs/vb files, all .resx as well as
any other file you want embedded in the assembly (dll), which you can
control through VS.Net

Files in the temporary directory are compiled by a JIT (just in time)
compiler. In asp.net, they are files ending with an aspx or asax extension
(there are probably a couple more I can't think of right now).

When the first request happens, you already have all your pre-compiled dll's
in the /bin folder so nothing happens to them. However, the JIT compiler
compiles all aspx/asax files and places the resulting DLL in the temporary
folder.

Karl

bruce barker

actually asp.net copies them to the temp folder, in order to allow updating
the dll's in the bin.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)