difference between internal network and internet with cookie

elwis.tsapzang

hello.
I decide to use forms authentication in my web site. I do some test in my
own network. I choose not to allow any cookie. But my form still work
althought I don't allow any cookie. My site still create cookie. Do you have
any idea?

thank you.

Scott Allen

Hi elwis:

The cookie settings are per-zone - are you sure you disable cookies
for the corret zone? Intranet zone perhaps? You might try setting
cookies to "prompt" so you can explicitly see if the cookies are being
accepted or rejected.

HTH,

elwis.tsapzang

ok. I set cookie to prompt. it works with internet zone but not with
intranet zone
Do you have an idea?
Do you think it works with ASP.Net forms authentication?

Scott Allen

Yes, I think ASP.NET forms authentication will work if cookies are
enabled, and will not be working if the cookies are rejected. Is this
what you are seeing?

elwis.tsapzang

No I don't
I use Request.Browser.Cookies which return true although I block all cookie
for local intranet.
authentication works. I don't understand.

Joined
Nov 6, 2007
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Hi,

Request.Browser.Cookies do not tell if cookies are disbaled/enabled. It tells browser supports cookies. It will return true in either case cookies disabled/enabled for browsers supporting cookies.

I just wanted to know if you were able to disable the cookies for site in intranet/local zone. My intranet site is always able to create cookies though they are blocked. I have disabled the cookies, but i guess it get disables for internet zone only. I can not test the intranet site for cookies disabled state. Just hopping my functionality works well without testing on interent zone. This problem occurs for only IE. In mozilla i was able to test the functionality. Do you have any idea about how to disable the cookies for intranet zone.