    #26085;本語)?

    Cheerz

    - Nicolaas

    windandwaves, Feb 24, 2005

  2. windandwaves

    Mark Parnell Guest

    Previously in alt.html, windandwaves <> said:

    > Hi Gurus

    Gurus isn't in today, sorry. Can I help?

    > What are the differences between using Unicode characters and using
    > the Unicode codes (e.g. between ???????????????? and

    They're easier to read in the source code, but you'll need to use the
    right character encoding (e.g. UTF-8), and an editor that supports it,
    otherwise they turn out as question marks (as above) or sometimes empty
    squares. :)

    > #26085;本語)?

    More difficult to read in the source, and harder to remember, but can be
    used with more limited character sets, e.g. ISO-8859-1.

    BTW: Please adjust your newsr^H^H^H^H^H OE to wrap lines at a decent
    length, e.g. 78 chars. Thanks.

    --
    Mark Parnell
    http://www.clarkecomputers.com.au

    Mark Parnell, Feb 24, 2005

  3. windandwaves

    windandwaves Guest

    "Mark Parnell" <>
    [..snip ..]

    > BTW: Please adjust your newsr^H^H^H^H^H OE to wrap lines at a decent
    > length, e.g. 78 chars. Thanks.

    I had it at 76, sorry, people have asked me that before. I used outlook express and I am not sure if I am doing it right. Let me
    know if this is better. Cheers Nicolaas

    windandwaves, Feb 24, 2005
  4. windandwaves

    Mark Parnell Guest

    Previously in alt.html, windandwaves <> said:

    > I had it at 76, sorry, people have asked me that before. I used outlook express and I am not sure if I am doing it right. Let me
    > know if this is better. Cheers Nicolaas

    No. I fixed it last time I replied to you - this time I haven't touched
    it. See how long your first line is up ^ there? It's about 125
    characters (ish - only counted roughly). That's far too long.

    To be honest, I'd recommend you get a real newsreader. If that's not an
    option, check out http://home.in.tum.de/~jain/software/oe-quotefix/ -
    not sure offhand whether it will help with your line length problem (I
    have a feeling it will), but will make life easier for you in other ways
    anyway.

    Mark Parnell, Feb 24, 2005
  5. windandwaves

    windandwaves Guest