Different between DataGrid and DataList.

Alex Smith

Hi friends
Can anybody tell me where to use datagrid and where to use datalist. Or
explain Different between DataGrid and DataList.
Regards,
Alex

Eliyahu Goldin

Alex,

A datalist works with templates only. A datagrid can have bound columns,
columns with buttons etc. It can be easier to start with in the beginning,
when you don't have html and javascript skills, since you don't need to
prepare any templates. Datagrid also offers you have sorting and paging
features. It suits well for typical database-related tasks. You can use
templates in datagrid too.

Datalist is the only control that lets you arrange items horizontally.

Eliyahu