different values by changing server

Thomas Weiler

Hello,

I have a C# Application that runs on a IIS6. On the first machine I get
with the command:

Request.ServerVariables["AUTH_USER"]

the authorized user like MillerSte.

Now I put the hole application to another machine with the same System
(Windows 2003 Server) and also IIS. On the new machine I now get the
result: mydomain\MillerSte . For some reason the web server put the
domain name in this variable.

Can someone tell me where I can change this setting, so that the domain
name will not by shown in this variable like on the first machine?

Thanks for all answers.

Eliyahu Goldin

Is not it much easier to take care of domain name in the code? Something
like this (not checked):

string ss = Request.ServerVariables["AUTH_USER"];
string noDomainName = ss.Replace (ss.Substring(0, ss.LastIndexOf("\\") +1),
String.Empty);

--
Eliyahu Goldin,
Software Developer