    Center For Practical Self Defense
    Riverside, California
    www.centerforpracticalselfdefense.com
    Doug Mazzacua, Dec 8, 2005

  2. Doug Mazzacua

    kchayka Guest

    Doug Mazzacua wrote:
    > I noticed that that <ul> lists display differently with <br> between
    > <li>s in IE and Mozilla.

    If you must post to multiple newsgroups, cross post and set a follow-up
    group. Never multi-post.
    <URL:http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/usenet/xpost.html>

    kchayka, Dec 8, 2005

  3. Doug Mazzacua

    Chaddy2222 Guest

    Doug Mazzacua wrote:

    > I noticed that that <ul> lists display differently with <br> between
    > <li>s in IE and Mozilla.
    >
    > Does anyone know of a reference that catalogs all of the known types
    > of differences in display between browsers?

    I am not aware of any such documentation..
    Othwise we would not have all the probs with all the different browsers
    around the place.
    Or do you all just do
    > multiple tests of all your pages?

    You should be doing that anyway regardless of what browser you are
    testing on.
    As a reference I use IE6 as my default browser but have a copy of
    FireFox to use as a development tool. (specifically to test web pages).
    Chaddy2222, Dec 8, 2005
  4. Doug Mazzacua

    Dylan Parry Guest

    Pondering the eternal question of "Hobnobs or Rich Tea?", Doug Mazzacua
    finally proclaimed:

    > I noticed that that <ul> lists display differently with <br> between
    > <li>s in IE and Mozilla.

    You mean something like this?

    <ul>
    <li>Item 1</li>
    <li>Item 2</li>
    <li>Item n</li>
    </ul>

    Well it is *invalid* code, so I'm not surprised that it looks different
    on different browsers. If you meant having the line breaks *within* the
    list items, then I haven't come across that problem before.

    --
    Dylan Parry

    Usenet: The first post is free, but the next will cost you your soul.
    Dylan Parry, Dec 8, 2005
  5. On Thu, 08 Dec 2005 04:05:56 +0100, Doug Mazzacua <>
    wrote:

    > I noticed that that <ul> lists display differently with <br> between
    > <li>s in IE and Mozilla.

    Why on earth would one put br between list items? You're lucky that
    combination gests displayed for it is no valid code I know of.

    > Center For Practical Self Defense

    If you want to add a signature block to your post, make it so that it is
    properly seperated from the content by using a '-- ' (that is
    dash-dash-space-new line).

    Barbara de Zoete, Dec 8, 2005
  6. Doug Mazzacua

    Jeanne D Guest

    To control line spacing? I'm not sure, but usually there is a reason.

    Jeanne D, Dec 9, 2005
  7. On 9 Dec 2005 07:43:34 -0800, "Jeanne D" <>
    wrote:

    >To control line spacing? I'm not sure, but usually there is a reason.

    Yes, that is correct, I was using the <br> to control line spacing.
    Isn't that the intent of <br>? Why else would anyone use <br>?

    If using <br> in an unordered list is invalid, how would you put space
    between unordered list items?

    Doug Mazzacua, Dec 14, 2005
  8. Doug Mazzacua

    Mark Parnell Guest

    Deciding to do something for the good of humanity, Doug Mazzacua
    <> spouted in alt.html:

    > If using <br> in an unordered list is invalid, how would you put space
    > between unordered list items?

    Someone already answered that in one of the other newsgroups you
    multiposted to.

    --
    Mark Parnell
    Att. Google Groups users - this is your last warning:
    Mark Parnell, Dec 14, 2005