DirectPython

Jérôme Le Bougeant

Hello,

I have DirectPython 0.5 (http://directpython.sourceforge.net/) and python2.4
(directx9.0C installed).
Samples do not work, I have this error : "RuntimeError: Failed to create a
device"
For example with sampleBasic.py :

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "sampleBasic.py", line 147, in ?
mainloop()
File "sampleBasic.py", line 75, in mainloop
d3d.createDevice(title, u"textures/x.ico", window[2], window[3], False,
CREATE.HARDWARE)
RuntimeError: Failed to create a device

Why ?

please help me... any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

Heikki Salo

Jérôme Le Bougeant said:
Hello,

I have DirectPython 0.5 (http://directpython.sourceforge.net/) and python2.4
(directx9.0C installed).
Samples do not work, I have this error : "RuntimeError: Failed to create a
device"
For example with sampleBasic.py :

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "sampleBasic.py", line 147, in ?
mainloop()
File "sampleBasic.py", line 75, in mainloop
d3d.createDevice(title, u"textures/x.ico", window[2], window[3], False,
CREATE.HARDWARE)
RuntimeError: Failed to create a device

Why ?

please help me... any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

I guess that you have pretty old or some cheap integrated
graphics card. Either that or you should upgrade your drivers.
createDevice() tests if some basic requirements are met and
fails if they are not.

You can try to use CREATE.SOFTWARE | CREATE.NOCAPCHECK
combination to pass these checks, but most of the advanced
samples probably don't work.