    Hi there,
    is it possible to disable the browser back button, or trap
    the event and stop it?

    Waldy, Jan 17, 2005

  2. Waldy

    Patrice Guest

    No. It's likely best to solve the initial problem.

    For example, if this is to prevent coming back to a past page, it's likely
    best to avoid putting the page in the history or to handle coming back to
    this page (the user could also put the page in its favorites and so own).

    What is the exact problem ?

    Patrice

    Patrice, Jan 17, 2005

  3. No.
    One way that can work in some situations is to open a new window. This new
    window will have no history, therefore the back button will be disabled.

    --
    I hope this helps,
    Steve C. Orr, MCSD, MVP

    Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD], Jan 17, 2005
  4. Waldy

    Waldy Guest

    I put a history.forward() script command at the top of the pages which I
    don't want users going back to. That seems to work OK.

    Waldy, Jan 18, 2005